Virtual CD - At School
Utilize CDs and DVDs in the classroom trouble-free and easily with Virtual CD and the Virtual CD Network Management Server
- You spend the first several minutes of your lesson distributing CDs and DVDs to your pupils.
- Some of the discs are scratched or damaged, which means some of the pupils are left out of the lesson.
- After class you spend half of your break collecting the CDs, and notice that some of them are in worse condition than they were before the lesson – or perhaps some have disappeared entirely.
- You start considering the possibility of not using CDs in your lessons at all.
With Virtual CD, there is an easy and flexible solution to all these problems.
- Virtual CD copies your CDs and DVDs to the hard drive of the student's workstations or on the central file server. Each workstation can access up to 23 different virtual CDs at the same time -and the original physical CDs does not even need to be at hand.
- Virtual CDs behave just like the original - but are loaded and run immensely faster (comparable to a 200x CD physical drive!). Thus Virtual CD is suited for all kinds of educational CDs, encyclopedia, multimedia CDs, project CDs, etc.
- No more original-CDs will get lost or damaged and also the cumbersome distribution of the originals at the beginning of the lesson and collection of them at the end of the lesson are a thing of the past so you have more time for your teaching.
- All CDs needed for the lessons are immediately available exactly when you need them.
- Insert each virtual CD centrally for your students exactly when you want them to have it.
- Take the virtual CDs away from the students, if necessary.
- Block the emulated CD drives on any of the workstations as needed.
- Share the emulated CD drives centrally if required.
- You receive extensive license checking and monitoring for your CDs.
- You have a detailed usage statistic at your disposal.
The utilization of educational CDs for your lessons becomes considerably more effective and trouble-free, if you use Virtual CD and the Virtual CD Network Management Server!
- Access to CDs/DVDs without a CD drive
- Automatic copy mode
- Access to up to 23 virtual CDs at the same time
- Password protections for virtual CDs
- CD organization according to subject/year/ category
- Integration in Microsoft® Explorer and Windows® Desktop
- Automatic creation of desktop icons
- Burning your own CDs/DVDs (e.g. class projects) in ISO-Format
- Creation of virtual CDs directly from the Microsoft Explorer (any contents)
- Tying in self-made CDs (ISO-Format) as virtual CDs
You control your lessons with: Virtual CD / Virtual CD Terminal Server in combination with Virtual CD Network Management Server